On Tuesday, November 03, 2015 06:57:18 PM Ian wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 6:43 PM, xor <x...@freenetproject.org> wrote:
> > Please please don't try to split the developer community like you just
> > did,
> > we're lucky that the situation has improved to the point where I can
> > barely
> > keep up with the IRC backlog.
>
> Keep your shirt on - I described this as a bold strategy - and made it
> clear that it was only for the purposes of discussion.

Sorry if I sounded like being really offended. That wasn't my intention.
Please notice that with Freenet, you created something which is an important
part of the life of people such as me (which is nice!). If you suggest giving
up on Freenet, this hurts those people, so you get emotional replies.

> I agree with many
> of the disadvantages of doing this.  It doesn't hurt to consider "out of
> the box" ideas once in a while.

It consumes time which would be better spent on writing code :)

> However, it's clear that some people are very dissatisfied with the current
> state of Freenet.

Those are usually the same people who don't write code; so their verdict is
doubtful.
Often, they're also random nicknames which haven't even been on the IRC
channel / list for longer than a few days; so the NSA attack does sound sort
of probable.

> Whatever we call it, it's possible that Tahrir might be
> of interest to them (it wouldn't be depriving Freenet of anything because
> such people are unlikely to contribute to Freenet).

Is it our responsibility to spend our time and mailing list space to advertise
different projects? :)
They'll for sure find Tahir from Wikipedia etc. if it better suits them.
No need to go all spineless and anti-advertise against ourself on our own
space.

(I know Tahir is your work; and I am not trying to judge upon it! It here is
just an example for me; it doesn't matter that the specific value of $project
is Tahir here, I think this discussion can be answered in a generic way. If
people recommended to replace Freenet with any other project, my reply would
have been the same.)

--
hopstolive  (keyword for Ians spam filter)