Awesome! We need to:
1) Implement this.
2) Publish it.

Why is reinserting the whole datastore important in the case of an attack?

AFAICS we are looking for a gap much larger than the node's local
average peer distance? In practice this is likely to vary a lot because
of different node degrees etc? On opennet, performance has a big impact;
on darknet, a node's location on the graph and its peer count? I'm
thinking of the problems we had around the time Pitch Black was
published - at least some of it was due to nodes with few peers taking
locations in big gaps and then leaving the network.