* Ian Clarke <ian.clarke at gmail.com> [2008-12-14 06:56:22]:

> >> Okay so you concede. I'll install a Windows VM on emu then! :)
> >>
> >> Seriously, if you don't want to maintain emu, it will cost me a whole load
> >> of
> >> work and a lot more reading, PLEASE TELL US, leaving emu without anyone
> >> maintaining it is unacceptable.
> >
> > I am maintaining it as long as no one is doing something silly behind my
> > back. "apt-get install wine" is silly.
>
> What exactly is the security or administrative threat of installing
> Wine on emu?

Once again you've miss-read me: I wrote that installing debian's wine
package is silly (and can develop on that if you really want me to); Not that
 installing Wine on emu necessarily implies a security or an administrative
 threat.

It sures introduce an administrative burden and I am not willing to take
it.

> This just reads like childishness to me.

You might be happy with running debian-unstable on a production server
but I am not ;)

> > Now if most of it is wasted argueing over things I took for granted and
> > understood by everyone, I might re-reconsider my position and vanish
> >  completely, yes.
>
> If you don't like arguing, then don't argue.

Arguing with people not making any effort to understand your points is
painful and tiering.

Yeah, I should probably do that.

>  As I see it the points
> that are being debated are entirely reasonable and its legitimate to
> discuss them.  If you don't like that, then I guess it is time for you
> and the project to part ways.

Maybe.