On Monday 07 July 2008 16:32, Daniel Cheng wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Matthew Toseland
> <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> [...]
> > 1. Selective randomization.
> > 2. Targeted swapping.
> > 3. Opennet nodes and swapping.
>
> I think (3) deserve a higher priority then (1) and (2).
> Location chunk have been a big problem for a long time. The change is
> simple: disable swapping on opennet should relief the problem, result
> is deterministic, no dark magic are involved...

Dark magic are most definitely involved in the interface between opennet and
darknet on a hybrid network. We need simulations here IMHO.

> [...]
> > 4. Non-convergent splitfile encryption.
>
> Should we introduce a new url type (CHK@/USK@/SSK@) for this?

CHKs can be happily encrypted with any key, this is by design.

> [...]
> > 1. CPU profiling.
>
> I have been doing this for some time. Most CPU time are spend on FEC
> and client layers. I will do more test after db4o branch is merged.

That was more or less my impression, but Ian or somebody was complaining about
CPU usage for an idle node...