On July 31, 2008, Florent Daigni?re wrote:
> * Matthew Toseland <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> [2008-07-31 17:37:41]:
>
> > On Tuesday 22 July 2008 23:33, Florent Daigni?re wrote:
> > > * Robert Mead <rmead at justconnected.dyndns.org> [2008-07-22 18:21:14]:

> > > ... On a small, ideal network.
> >
> > On a larger, messier network, it should make *more* difference. That is, if
> > routing is the problem.
>
> Am I the only one thinking that routing isn't the problem but churn is?

Not at all.  Think that churn is making data much harder to find.  While I
think FOF routing will
help shorten path lenghts, I do not think its going to help find older data all
that much faster.  I would love
to see some simulations where the average location of the store influences
swapping.  It would be
very interesting to see the effect on finding keys, especially rarely
referenced keys, when this sort of
swapping is in effect.

Ed