Evan Daniel wrote:
> The major change needed would be a way to request not the specific SSK
> block, but the SSK, whatever CHK it happens to redirect to, and any
> CHK blocks needed to decode the result

Exactly, so you'd need a different protocol, different data formats and
a different routing implementation to cope with the latency - which
raises the question, why use Freenet instead of building a separate network?

> -- plus a way to prevent that
> being a DoS attack (tit-for-tat?).

How would TFT work in this context? Say Alice sends Bob a batch of
requests and Bob doesn't find the data - does Alice punish Bob for
black-holing the requests or does Bob punish Alice for trying to DoS
him? What if Alice was only forwarding the requests for Carol?

I have some ideas for DoS-resistant routing, but they're only suitable
for long streams of messages between the same endpoints, and the
endpoints need to share an authentication key. I'm not sure whether they
could be adapted to anonymous pub/sub.

Cheers,
Michael