Am Freitag 03 April 2009 00:44:37 schrieb Ian Clarke:
> If we go with git and github they do support post-receive hooks:
>
> http://github.com/guides/post-receive-hooks
>
> I think the workflow can and should be very similar to what it is
> currently, with developers pushing to a single authoritative repository.

The same is true for hg and bitbucket.org (though the corresponding Mercurial
hook is "incoming").

But both also offer far more possibilities.

For example the question arises how to deal with pseudonymous contributions.

If you take a psudonymous patch, how to take care of the copyright?

Does freenet then need an anonymous repository where someone assembles an
anonymous version which includes the patches of dubious legality? And who will
trust that version?

I can't help much with git (I gave up on it after it bit me once too often),
but if you have questions about hg, I should be able to answer them - or at
least find someone who is :)

Besides: Hi, I'm ArneBab from IRC, freenet user for more than 5 years, almost
24/7 since I switched to GNU/Linux, and avid Mercurial user for a year, now :)

PS: For strengths and weaknesses of hg and git (and bzr), you can have a look
at the excellent DVCS PEP of Python. They analysed which DVCS would be suited
best for their different usecases:
- http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0374/

PPS: If I write anything which was already discussed, please nudge me. I only
skimmed part of the archives.
--
-- Ein W?rfel System: http://1w6.org - einfach saubere (Rollenspiel-) Regeln.
-- Infinite Hands: http://infinite-hands.draketo.de - singing a part of the