Florent Daigni?re wrote:
> * Daniel Cheng <j16sdiz+freenet at gmail.com> [2009-04-03 08:30:09]:
>
>> 2009/4/3 Florent Daigni?re <nextgens at freenetproject.org>:
>>> * Ian Clarke <ian at locut.us> [2009-04-02 17:44:37]:

>>> Okay, so it's technically possible (anyway, pulling on a regular basis
>>> was also an option)... but do we want to fetch code from a remote host
>>> we don't control and auto-run it on emu? The building process involves
>>> running the build-scripts.
>> Currently, the svn commit protected by password.
>> svn does not enforce signed https server cert,
>> mitm attempts can harm as much as that.
>>

> Huh? Svn shows you the server's certificate fingerprint the first time
> you use it... And we are using a valid SSL certificate signed by a 3rd
> party.

You have never tell me the fingerprint, so it may have been hijacked
since day 1. And the password was sent to me using plain text...

>> Require for PGP signed commits, if you want something stronger.
>>

> Sure we can do that... but how integrated are the PGP/GPG modules with
> git/hg? What about the GUI versions?

hg allow "hg sign" to sign a commits.
git allow "git tag -s" to sign a tag.

One have to hack the pre-commit hook if we want
to sign every commits.

The reasoning here is: every commit id is a hash.
Once you sign a revision, you are quite sure it won't
be changed.

>>> NextGen$

>> [..]
>> Your pgp signature is charset corrupted.
>
> Hmm? I am not using UTF8; It's an ISO charset you might not have...

PGP signature in mail should be 7-bit ASCII, right?