I have merged the beta branch of the wininstaller, in accordance with
instructions from Juiceman and Zero3. The main changes in this branch are that
it doesn't create a custom user to run Freenet in (which caused many problems
for many users installing it due to password policies, anti-virus software, and
things we don't understand), and that it has a system tray icon, from where the
user can conveniently (provided his system tray isn't hopelessly cluttered
already) start or stop or browse Freenet.

In testing, it works, and so does Freenet. However there are a number of issues
we need to deal with:
- "Launch Freenet after installation" - Freenet will run anyway, launching it
means browsing it, maybe we should change "Launch Freenet" here and in the
system tray menu to "Browse Freenet"?
- TUFI menus don't show up well in Chrome. Chrome is our default browser on
Windows because it has incognito mode, which we use. The author of TUFI should
fix the stylesheet so that the drop-down menus are usable on Chrome, please!
(Can somebody please forward this request via the FMS board please?)
- Chrome sometimes seems to lose the web interface CSS, showing either a blank
screen or a non-styled copy of the loading a page or dangerous content page.
There were no errors in the log concerning fproxy. Reload and even shift+reload
make no difference, but restarting Chrome fixes this. Initially I had thought
it might be related to it using lots of connections as I was loading many sites
with many images, but that didn't seem to make any difference. Thoughts?
- We have a flag to tell Freenet that we are running Chrome in incognito mode,
which will show a much shorter and less worrying browsers warning at the
beginning of the wizard. However, bugs in Chrome mean that just because we tell
Chrome to open Freenet in incognito mode doesn't mean it actually will. I had
turned off this flag, Juiceman turned it back on, for now I have turned it back
off, because it is a security issue. Thoughts?

The next build will be released with the new installer in any case.