>      > Why must we inconvenience 99%
>      > of our users to accomodate the irrational 1%?
>
>     Okay, since you asked, the main cases I can see where you'd want to turn
> off
>     javascript:
>     1. Users with low end computers. People in hostile regimes will often have
>     low end computers.
>

> If they are capable of running Freenet with its current resource requirements
> then they are capable of using a browser that supports Javascript.

If that would be true (which it isn't), then by the same logic if a person is
capable of running Freenet then that individual is capable of using a browser
with no Javascript.

P.S. Why is this still being discussed? Isn't it clear that the only way to
make
peace between two camps is *js with fallback*?

                - Volodya

--
http://freedom.libsyn.com/     Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast

  "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin