Le samedi 18 septembre 2010 15:28:49, Matthew Toseland a ?crit :
> On Saturday 18 September 2010 00:42:19 cvollet at gmail.com wrote:
> > 2010/9/18 Ian Clarke <ian at sensearray.com>
> >
> > > Timing is pretty good, Google just released GWT Designer for free:
> > >  http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/tools/download-gwtdesigner.html
> > >
> > > Its an eclipse plugin that helps you build GWT UIs.
> > >
> > > Does it produces clean code ?
> > >
> > > I would suggest if you are going to do anything you should build a
> > > mock-up first so that we can discuss it and you can get feedback from
> > > others.
> > >
> > > Yep, that's what I intended to do. Just wanted to check if someone
> > > already
> >
> > was invested in this. I'll try to do some mockups over the week-end.
>
> Mock-ups are great, templating is great if it simplifies the code, doesn't
> pull in huge run-time libraries and doesn't reduce performance
> significantly, but I strongly object to anything that makes Freenet
> unusable without Javascript enabled. Some of our users really are staking
> their freedom, and turn off javascript accordingly since it is a vector
> for a great many bugs. Admittedly they are naive to do so give the current
> state of Freenet security, but we shouldn't make a bad situation worse. Or
> their systems are slow. Or they are completely blind and find lynx with a
> screenreader the most convenient solution. Etc.
>
> GWT can be used to update real HTML in-place. Any design you can build with
> widgets you can build with HTML and then "animate"/live-update by changing
> the HTML. Our current web-pushing code does this. It is disabled because
> of bugs/architectural issues. IMHO we should fix these issues and then
> enable it. That would also solve the problem with the minimalist theme's
> use of activelinks.

Ok, then, should I proceed like that :

- adding a templating system,
- design a new UI, and implement it in HTML + CSS only,
- add GWT support (well, use it if it's already implemented) to make it more
dynamic.

?

If it's the way to go, is there any templating system you could suggest?