I'm hoping that this might shed a bit more light on why we are having issues
bootstrapping nodes.
I've had to temporarily disable my seed node.  I am the senor network engineer
for a small co-location facility.

Over the weekend I started to get reports that the bandwidth throughput for was
dropping off.  After I shutdown the seed node things went back to normal.  We
have several customers that where effected, with really long load times.  I
have over 20 Mbits allocated to Freenet, and it's running on its own server.
Prior to shutting down the node I cut and pasted some of the stuff from the
stats page.  Also I have the wrapper log.  I also have a cut and paste of the
nat table on main router.  I don't think that this was an attack nor do I think
that it was a bandwidth issue.   However I DO think that it was overflowing the
Nat table.  I am taking steps to resolve this by giving the Freenet seed node a
public ip and skipping nat.   I will resend the node ref later today after I
take care of this.

However while this will take care of my problem and make the seed node not
overload nat, I don't think that we have fixed the real issue with
bootstrapping new nodes.  It didn't become an issue until sometime
Thursday/Friday.  I would like to dig into this issue some more, but I am
unable to do so for the next few days.