On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Matthew Toseland <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
> wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 Jul 2011 09:41:08 Pouyan Zachar wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Matthew Toseland
> > <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:
> > > [quote
> author="ancarda at PPXKgWN178fXdV3X3jMq8tqxIKIbP8PYK6BELBFuYTw.freetalk"
> message="acd6c72e-1d35-4dd9-ad9c-10eaa402d06a at
> PPXKgWN178fXdV3X3jMq8tqxIKIbP8PYK6BELBFuYTw
> "]
> > > Ok I threw this together in PowerPoint, it's a PDF though so it should
> work regardless of any platform. I am not inserting this to FreeNet it will
> take way too long.
> > >
> > > http://www.freefilehosting.net/freenet
> > >
> > > That's just my first idea of what the UI could be like. The settings
> are more basic however (I didn't add this in) there would always be an
> advanced option, like where you can tweak everything.
> >
> > Have you already decided how to realize the UI ? is it gonna be an
> > extension/rebuilding of HTML nodes or a completely new approach?
>
> If somebody (e.g. you!) wants to rewrite using some sort of template engine
> I'd be very happy for them to do so.

I would be more than happy to do that. I have some ideas and implementations
from GSOC which might be helpful for realizing this. However, I am not sure
about the architecture (e.g. does every toadlet have a view?). The engine
which we all agreed upon is "Apache Velocity".

> Provided it allows us to generate static HTML for the case where the user
> has turned off javascript,

this would be no problem.

> provided it's not dramatically slower (some are faster),

I cannot really know about this point. But velocity is known to be "really"
fast.