Hey, everybody.

You all know that toad is currently very busy with his university study and
that he has very little time to take care of Freenet. Meanwhile, people are
still submitting pull requests on GitHub and patches on FMS (and probably
Freetalk, too).

The combination of these two facts results in Freenet not being updated at all
for weeks.

The inability of anybody else than toad to create a new release is very
inconvenient as it causes complete stagnation (which results in loss of users
which results in loss of developers which results in the end of the world as
we know it, probably).

I think we need more people that are able to create new releases and include
minor changes, e.g. to CSS themes, plugin functionality, and general
maintenance.

As I don?t know anything about how releases are created at the moment I can
not say how complicated it would be to allow different persons to access the
build environment for the official releases, or whether toad builds them on his
own machine and how that could be reliable replicated on somebody else?s
machine. Somebody with more facts than me (toad? :) could step in here and say
a few words about the current situation.

I don?t have anything more to say at this moment, I just wanted to dump my
thoughts on the current situation, requesting comments.

Greetings,

        David
--
David ?Bombe? Roden <bombe at pterodactylus.net>