> On 2 Oct 2017, at 17:54, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <vali...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Event Type: BlogPostPublishedEvent
> from
> http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/NotificationsImprovements9x#HEventTypes

ok thanks, had missed this since I was reading from top to bottom and stopped
at the overview :)

However I don’t think it scales since it means one unique icon per combination
of app type + event type.

What would scale better is two icons: one for the app type and one for the
event type.

For example imagine that the Blog app had the following events:
* When a blog post is published
* When a blog post is created
* When a blog post is removed

You wouldn’t be able to use the RSS icon to represent the 3 events.

BTW the RSS icon isn’t necessarily representative of the Blog app. A lot of
apps can have a RSS feed.

That’s the main remark I have: it’s going to be harder and harder to find
unique icons as we had more events to apps, especially if there’s only 1 icon
that is supposed to combine both app type + event type.

WDYT?

Thanks
-Vincent