Hello everybody!

We are stuck for the release of "Android Authenticator" application.

You need 2 things to publish on play store:

   - A unique application ID (the current one is
   "org.xwiki.android.authenticator")
   - An associated publication key

Problem is that we lost the key (we lost contact with Fitz during first
GSOC before he get a change to give us the private key he used for the
first release) and you can't change the key for an application on play
store. We contacted the support to know if we could modify the key but we
did not get any answer and since it' not too critical to ditch the old
(beta released only) application and create a new one (new from play store
point of view) we decided to change the id.

Also note that the Java package we use in the module is
"org.xwiki.android.authenticator" which is why we have the current
application id.

Here are a few proposals:
1) "org.xwiki.android.authenticator.v2" as in the second version of the key
and if we loose the key again it can be v3 :)

2) "org.xwiki.android.authenticator.i2" to not look to much like a version
of the application (id 2)

3) "org.xwiki.android.sync" since the application is about synchronization
of xwiki data

4) "org.xwiki.android.sync.contacts" since the application is about
synchronization of contacts too

5) "org.xwiki.android.authenticator.reborn" as in it's been a long time
since we did a release of this application and half of it has been
rewritten since that time

WDYT ?

I think that "*.(v2|reborn)" are not better ways to rename (but
"reborn" better than "v2" becase "v2" mean version number 2, but what for
do we have android app version?:) ) and in my humble opinion we must choose
"org.xwiki.android.sync.contacts" or better to choose
"org.xwiki.android.sync" because it will not prohibit us to add extension
applications with packages as "org.xwiki.android.sync.contacts" and will
show first value and purpose of application.

Issue: https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/ANDAUTH-35
---------
Best regards,
Ovsyannikov Aleksey,