On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 11:31 AM Marius Dumitru Florea
<mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> It's not that simple.. If the reference parameter already has a value that
> is not a document reference then by showing the document picker that value
> will be parsed / resolved as a document reference and thus displayed as if
> a document has been selected. This can confuse the users. For instance, if
> someone writes in wiki syntax:
>
> {{include reference="path.to.p...@file.txt" type="ATTACHMENT"/}}
>
> and then edit the page with the WYSIWYG editor, he will see "txt" as
> selected value when editing the macro...

I just tried with `{{display reference="sandbox.webh...@xwikilogo.png"
type="ATTACHMENT"/}}` and the element was displayed as is in the
WYSIWYG editor.
I think this is because the picker uses the search REST API
(/wikis/{wikiName}/search) which doesn't seems to use a reference
resolver.
So one issue is that you won't have autocompletion if you use a prefix
on a document reference.

Also one think I don't currently like is that you cannot edit the
selected item in the picker, which means, for instance, that if you
made a typo in "sandbo.webh...@xwikilogo.png" then you'll have to
delete this element and rewrite the whole reference.

I'll make a PR and show you some screenshots or videos so you can see
what we could currently have.