Hi Fawad, Hi all,

Hi all,
Hope you are doing well.

Stephane proposed that there should be a change in the Point data
structure. I agree that latitude and longitude should be two distinct
fields but am not sure how we are going to accommodate geographical
addresses. Should we create a separate class for an address? But if we are
going to supply latitude and longitude to the map, we will need to process
the addresses in some way and store their lat and lng somewhere as a point
object.
I am going to put this on hold until we are in the clear.

I just commented on this at https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/INTMAP-27

I have also added support for using custom class properties as addresses to
feed to the map as points. This feature is available in the advanced
options of map configuration. For now, the properties should be given in
the form property.ClassPath.property_name e.g.
property.XWiki.XWikiUsers.address_en. This is inline with how solr
perceives properties.

That sounds great to use the same syntax as the Solr one indeed.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making it easier to query a class
property? I will try to remove the need for the ending "_en" or "_string"
part since they can prove confusing in some contexts.

+1 for removing "_en" since the app could be used in wikis where English is not
enabled. I don't have further suggestion on my end so far...

I will start moving on with the development and create a mechanism for
adding paths to the map.

Great, I commented also at https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/INTMAP-27 as you
probably noticed,

Cheers