HL7 is for patient data so we shouldn't need to interface directly
with it.  Possibly they are considering building an aggregation filter
in Mirth to produce something like SDMX from the patient data.   Don't
know.  I am not there to negotiate.

But you need to negotiate hard (on your side of the fence) to ensure
that what comes out of this magic box will be suitable for dhis2
consumption.  That is the way with these kind of switches .. in the
end they are proxies for human negotiation :-)  Much like telephone
switches between phone operators for that matter.

Regards
Bob