Thanks Jan. We look forward to the improvements in the coming versions.
John.

________________________________
From: Jan Henrik Øverland <janhenrik.overl...@gmail.com>
To: John Ojo <jn...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Lars Helge Øverland <larshe...@gmail.com>; DHIS 2 developers
<dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net>; "dhis2-us...@lists.launchpad.net"
<dhis2-us...@lists.launchpad.net>
Sent: Friday, November 4, 2011 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] [Dhis2-users] Data visualizer module feedback

Hi John, thanks for the quick response. Please see my comments below.

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 18:12, John Ojo <jn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Lars,

>The data visualizer looks great. Would like to suggest the following:
>

>1. Please kindly remove the data visualizer from among the options for Start
>page under the Appearance settings page. This is because,
>    like we had in the past with the GIS module, the data visualiser loops
>back to itself and effectively locks the user out from being able to     exit
>from the data visualizer once it is selected as the start page. You may try it
>and see.
>

>2. Ability to insert charts drawn in the data visualizer into the dashboard.

Yes, we are planning a new dashboard and this is the main reason.

>3. Chart Title (and may be sub-title) for the data visualizer charts.

The ExtJS chart engine does not offer a dedicated title option, but I just
found a way to work around it so this will be available in trunk shortly.
Currently, the chart title is simply displayed on the toolbar, next to the
"update" button.

>4. The Chart Type buttons/icons on the top-left portion of the data visualizer
>window don't seem to do anything. Would like to see the
>    Example chart change to reflect the user's choice when any of the chart
>type icons is selected.

The visualizer is designed to be as network friendly as possible. That's why
the chart type buttons don't execute anything (just think of them as a way to
select the chart type). The chart is not updated unless the user specifically
clicks the "update" button. Otherwise, if the user e.g. wants a different chart
type and different indicators, and selects the chart type first, the chart is
unnecessarily updated (and data transferred) twice.

>5. The message in the information box eg. 'No data values',  'Form is not
>complete', that appears when one clicks the Update button
>    is too short (and cryptic). We should consider adding more details as to
>what the user should do to get the visualizer display the chart
>    depending on the circumstance.

Improved notifications is already on the 2.6 roadmap. In trunk the "Form is not
complete" is replaced by something a bit more informative, like "No indicators
selected", "No data elements selected" etc, but this will definitely be
improved further.

>These are the few that readily comes to mind. May add more as I take the data
>visualizer through much deeper tests.

Please feel free to provide feedback any time.

Thank you so much to all the developers for making our lives easier with DHIS2.