On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:54, Ola Hodne Titlestad <ol...@ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> Some new requests from Kenya:
>
> 1) Option to put values on the bars in the chart.

Already on the 2.6 roadmap.

> 2) Option to switch from colour scheme to a pattern scheme (e.g. dots,
> vertical lines, horizontal lines etc.) to distinguish between bars in a
> chart when printing in black&white mode.

Hm, interesting. I will investigate this.

> 3) Would it be possible to combine indicator and data element into one
> object/option in the drop downs for Series, Category, Filter (top of the
> page)? This makes sense as you never do a chart with indicators as Category
> and data element as Filter or Series. Now the tool complains with "Form is
> not complete" if you select a few data elements and no indicators, and
> forget to switch from Indicator to Data Element on e.g. the Series.
> Seems unnecessary to force the user to do this switch.

What If the user has selected a couple of indicators *and* data elements?
If the user wants to switch between the selected indicators and data
elements - should we force him to deselect and reselect every time?

> 4) Generally the users are happy with this and really appreciate the
> possibility of creating and manipulating their own charts. And although
> screenshots are always possible they almost can't wait to see the "save as
> image" button on the next release....

Glad to hear that people like it. Image export is obviously on the 2.6 rm
already :)