On 9 May 2001, Lars Clausen wrote:

> On Wed, 9 May 2001, James Henstridge wrote:
>
> > After getting all the "make distcheck" bugs out of the way, I have put
> > together the new dia tarball.  It will be available at:
> >
> >   ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/dia/dia-0.87.tar.{gz,bz2}
> >
> > (once ftp.gnome.org syncs with master.gnome.org).  I haven't announced
> > this very widely yet, but if no one finds anything serious, I will put
> > out announcements tomorrow.
>
> Ok, let the good bugs roll:
>
> When compiling with unicode support, it lacks lib/ps-utf8.[ch].  I know
>   it's experimental, but it should at least be there:)

Files that only get included conditionally need to be listed in the
EXTRA_DIST var in the makefile.am.

> plugins/python is missing python-startup.py.

Doh.  I thought I included it in the EXTRA_DIST var???

> make install complains when making the docbook:
>
> jade:../dia-manual.sgml:1:66:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text
>"-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.1//EN"
> jade:../dia-manual.sgml:16:0:E: reference to entity "BOOK" for which no system
>identifier could be generated
> jade:../dia-manual.sgml:1:0: entity was defined here
> jade:../dia-manual.sgml:16:0:E: DTD did not contain element declaration for document
>type name
> jade:../dia-manual.sgml:18:9:E: there is no attribute "ID"
> jade:../dia-manual.sgml:18:16:E: element "BOOK" undefined

The docs Kevin did use the Gnome Documentation Project custom docbook DTD
that adds support for PNG graphics.  I am not sure what the best way of
checking for it is.

> The xfig import plug-in is somewhat broken:  It will load most things, but
>   can cause a crash when closing the diagram.  I'll go a-hunting.

We can mark the xfig import as being `immature' in the release notice if
you want.

> Other than that, it looks fine.  Now we can start looking at what should go
> into the next release.

Sounds like there are enough small problems to make a 0.88 release and not
widely announce 0.87.  Is there any other problems that will cause dia to
fail to compile, die during common operations, etc that should be fixed
for a release like this?

James

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]