On Fri, 11 May 2001, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to define an object made up of different types of
> line segments (beziers, straight, curved, etc) ...
>
> Then it would be nice to have that object available as something I could
> add anywhere, rescale it, etc. I don't want to have to write a progam for it.
>
> I would also like to fill the object ...

Have you looked at the documentation on writing custom shapes?  It is in
doc/custom-shapes in the dia tarball.  It may do what you want, and
requires no knowledge of C programming, and not much about dia's
architecture.

Take a look in the shapes/ directory for examples of objects using the
code (maybe half the objects in dia use it).

James.