Well, after some tweaking of it, I did get the tarball to compile and
install correctly; I copied gtkcons.py to python-startup.py as a test
replacement, and it works fine, as well. The only problem I'm having now
is that I can't get the sheet for my custom plugin to appear in the
drop-down list in the master tool window, which is very odd. The plugin
worked under 0.86, and under the CVS version circa ~48-72 hours ago, but
now, nothing.

The diagnosis marches on, though; I should be able to let you know some
more details once I've had more time to shake down the install.

Lennon Day-Reynolds