Hi,

> ***close:
> - open dia
> - new
> - add an object to diagram
> - close dia via the standard [x]
> - modified diagram exists. are you sure you want to quit: Cancel
> --> main panel disappear
>
> ***file format:
> saving diagrams with texts on several lines
> include extra character at end of line.
> see attached files.

I was able to reproduce these things on win2k,
but not under linux.

I suggest that those win32 specific bug reports get filed
in the dia-installer.sourceforge.net bugtracker:

instead of bugzilla.gnome.org. I filed these two items already.

This should make it easier to keep track of things.

For those reporting the bugs: It's nice if you feed the  input files, images,
etc. in the bug tracker, but some people on the mailing list might prefer if
you just send a short note (I submitted such a bug ...) to the mailing list.

Steffen