On Tue, 15 May 2001, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

> Le lun, mai 14, 2001, à 11:17:50 +0200, Hans Breuer a écrit:
>
> > >Some little problems w.r.t WMF export and SADT arrows (draw an arrow with
> > >four segments, so that it more or less has a rectangle shape (with rounded
> > >corners). Export into WMF. Import into word. Some arcs won't be correctly
> > >computed (saw that in the few dozen seconds I had to check, at work. Will do
> > >further characterisation, if needed).
> > >
> > Are these new problems? Patches are accepted :-)
>
> I can't compile on Win32 (lack of tools), therefore I can't patch.... so I
> basically can just give whatever details a lambda user can give, with
> perhaps better taking into account what a developer needs.
> Arcs are a bitch to get right; at least they've caused me some difficulties
> when I added support for them in the DXF import.

If the format happens to be able to do beziers but not elliptic arcs, I
have some code that can help in the gnome-print renderer.  It gives near
perfect results (that is, if there is a line connected somewhere on the
arc edge, it looks correct when printed).

Maybe it would be worth having some of these routines for decomposing
some drawing primitives to other primitives in lib/.

> > >does one use the translations with a gtk-win32 program ? I think I've tried
> > >LC_ALL and LANG, but this didn't work (will check better tomorrow).
> > >
> > IMO the 'normal' way, but there is no localized version of Dia for win32
> > (that I know of) because I see no need to spend my spare time on
> > using/providing translations which mostly are less useful than the original
> > anyway. Again: patches accepted.
>
> The problem is: some people *do* use translated software, and will *not* use
> it untranslated. We've already got the translations (mostly) done for the
> X/Gtk version ; I was just wondering whether the win32 implementation of gtk
> (and friends) provided gettext as well. In which case, I didn't see how to
> activate and make use of it (this is probably really trivial if gettext has
> been indeed ported to win32).

I found out that the dia-0.88.tar.gz tarball I released also has some
translation problems.  Stupid gettext-0.10.36 installed all the
translations under the filename dia@INSTOBJEXT@.  I will do a dia-0.88.1
release that will be identical to 0.88 except that it will include
gettext-0.10.35.

James.

--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]