Greetings. I came across this small information on a website about a small
ethnic community that lives in Ethiopia whose language is about to face
extinction remaining time possible 40 to 50 years. The information is below and
is also available on : http://www.ethiopians.com/

 " Numbering        about 25,000, this intriguing ethnic group of Ethiopians
living in the Chilga        region of Gondar speak a Cushitic language that
falls under the "Agaw"        language family. Their religion is described as
Pagan-Hebraic and is often        confused with Judaism. Their traditional
priest is referred to as "Wember".        Their language is currently spoken by
only a few thousand people and is        believed to face extinction in the
next 40-50 years. What is the name of        this fascinating Ethiopians who
consider Saturday as their Sabbath and carry        out worship services under
large trees? "

 Other relevant urls:
 http://www.hrelp.org/grants/projects/index.php?lang=3

 http://www.sil.org/silesr/2002/031/SILESR2002-031.pdf
 http://www.answers.com/topic/qwara-language

 http://www.answers.com/topic/qemant

 I wonder if DDN can help them in preserving their language, culture and
history.

 Regards.

 Mrs Lulu Todd