I am not certain that I am in agreement with Maria Laura's definition which
appears to be tautological in nature.
I am also not certain that engaging in an intellectual reparte makes sense in a
list where the unspoken belief is that
closing a digital divide is the sine qua non for leveling the economic (and
hence all others) playing field.

Deal and Development are Humpty Dumpty terms ( a word means what I want it to
mean). Perhaps Deal has a pejorative
connotation while Development has perceived positive sensibility? Debatable!
Maybe a little time, a deep breath and some
philosophy/humanities to temper those standing at the ready with their
Blackberry might make sense? Right now the US education system
is so enamored with educating for the science/tech/engineering/math that
programs for the humanities and social sciences are being mothballed.

Tour the "developing world" and look at the "Development" skeletons, like
Shelly's Ozymandias- the result of "Deals".

tom

tom abeles