I agree, Jacky, but the problem of broadband penetration is a matter of
cost and telecommunications regulation. This has been mentioned more
than once at the CARICOM Internet Governance meetings, as an example -
meanwhile the mobile phone subverts this by allowing voice and text
communication as well as, in some cases, internet access.

At the end of the day, it isn't about gadgets. It's about policy and costs.

(As a subnote - good to see someone from Haiti here!)

--
Taran Rampersad
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.your2ndplace.com
http://www.opendepth.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowprose/

"Criticize by Creating" - Michelangelo
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." -
Nikola Tesla