Andy Carvin suggested I send my question and problem to this list I am
asking a question about getting a phone company to tell me if they will
ever have DSL in my area.  I live in a rural area between Ithaca,NY and
Cortland, NY.  We are not served by any cable companies.  I have been
trying for close to a year to get Verizon to tell me if they will ever
get DSL in my area.  I keep getting told they will notify me when it is
available.  I did get one representative to tell me it was not currently
planned for my phone line.  I am beginning to think the central office
near my home has not been upgraded to allow DSL in the area. It seems to
me that they have an obligation to make this service more widely
available. Any suggestions?

 Wilfred (Bill) Drew
 Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
 Morrisville State College Library
 E-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
 BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
 Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
 Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
 SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/
  "To teach is to learn twice." - Joseph Joubert