LDC2 does not work at all on my 64bit GNU/Linux box, while GDC works without any problems (v2.014). Also D2 applications I wrote work well too. Sure, old version of D2 is supported so many cool features are missing, that is why I hoped some more up-to-date version of GDC will soon be released.

D is loosing in popularity these days. Personally, i think one of the major reasons is the stale development of GDC. (Yes I am aware of the LDC project, but it is quite new one, and lacks working D2 support).