On 5/15/10 05:46, Walter Bright wrote:
Leandro Lucarella wrote:
I saw the patches, and having all hardcoded in the compiler doesn't seems
like a good idea =/

I know the hardcoding is probably not the best, but I wanted to try it
out to see if it was a good feature before committing a lot of work to it.

The alternative is to use some sort of configuration file for it. The
problem, though, is that the hints are for newbies, and newbies probably
aren't going to get a configuration file properly set up, especially if
there are multiple such files.

How about generating a file with all imports of Phobos, ship the file with the compiler and then read from the file. Something like having a configuration file that is set up to work with everything from Phobos to start with, then the user can add more things if he/she likes to.