Hello Adam,

On 5/15/10, Bernard Helyer <b.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:

Set executable bit, modify PATH

Meh, you don't have to do that. On my box, I have a wrapper script in
/usr/bin
so the dmd command works from anywhere, but you can just as well run
it right out of wherever you download it too. ./dmd works just as well
as dmd.
I've a little script that copies the executables into /usr/bin, the
manpages into manpage land, the docs into /usr/share/docs/dmd,
imports into /usr/include/d and the libraries into /usr/lib, and so
on.

Ew, why? I guess if you have a script it is ok for you, but there's
really no need to take it out of the folders where they are at the
unzip.

The same holds for every file in /usr/bin, I wonder what that says about all the other people who put stuff there. Similar thought hold for the other bits and places.

--
... <IXOYE><