On 3/5/2011 1:27 PM, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
Does this mean that it can save to vector formats now, or just that you
intend to add that functionality?  EPS would be awesome, because it's
pretty much the only thing you can use directly with LaTeX.  (Yes,
pdfLaTeX accepts many other formats, but many scientific journals still
require you to provide EPS figures.)

Of course, one can usually convert losslessly between the various vector
formats, but it would be most convenient if Plot2kill could save directly
to EPS, PDF and SVG.

-Lars

????? Plot2kill (the GTK version) has been able to save to EPS, SVG, PDF, PNG, JPEG and BMP since I switched the GTK port to use the Cairo backend last July. (The DFL port can only do BMP and PNG.) If this is a killer feature for you, I apologize for not publicizing it more back then. I've been eating my own dogfood since then. All of the graphs in my Ph.D. proposal and a publication manuscript I'm working on are Plot2Kill rendered and saved in vector formats.