On 3/5/2011 4:42 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:
I've always been on the fence about this. I find it useful too, and I
like the visual effect of optional parenthesis. But returning anything
that is callable make things ambiguous to the reader and can even bring
bugs when it comes to generic programming; and ambiguity and bugs are
things I really don't want to see.

So? Make the semantics of @property one-way instead of two-way and make it a best practice to always use it in generic code. @property functions **can't** be called with (), but ()s are **optional** for stuff not marked @property.