On Thursday, 8 March 2012 at 07:49:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Regardless, you need to familiarize yourself with ranges if you want to get
the lexer and parser ready for inclusion in Phobos.

I have to admit that I don't currently feel competent to do this work. I'm too green. But I do think that the program is already very close to what is needed. I also would assume that those experienced with dmd's C++ incarnation will find themselves on rather familiar soil if they set to work on the D version, so that might speed things up a little if they also know about ranges.