On Friday, March 09, 2012 11:53:51 Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> The goal is to make std.algorithm general when it comes to UTF-x ranges,
> VLE range seems a best suited abstraction level so far. Other things
> like base64 encoded stuff could be there, though it needs some thought.

My point is that it doesn't make sense to try and design the lexer around an
as yet undesigned and unused VLE range. Either the lexer should just move
forward with how things are currently done and then be adjusted later to use
VLE ranges once they've been sorted out, or it should be postponed until VLE
ranges are sorted out.

- Jonathan M Davis