On 8/12/2012 4:12 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/12/2012 1:38 AM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
One question: Will the 32-bit tool chain also be able to use the MSVC
runtime
and linker eventually?

It's not the current plan. Frankly, I think 32 bits is rapidly becoming
irrelevant on the desktop.

Post windows 8 launch we should start seeing mainstream games shipping 32 and 64 bit binaries together in the same box. We already have moved off of 32 bit in house for our editors and tools. The biggest hangup is Microsoft keeps shipping 32 bit OSes, and we still have to support XP at least through the end of the year. With a little luck Win8 will be the last 32 bit one.