On Monday, 13 August 2012 at 18:29:13 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/13/2012 6:23 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-08-13 08:21, Walter Bright wrote:

We'll see. It has already happened on OSX.

The good think on Mac OS X is that basically all system libraries are universal binaries (both 32 and 64bit) meaning it really doesn't matter for the user if an
application is 32 or 64bit.

BTW, around 6.6% of my currently running processes are 32bit. Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

True, but consider that dmd is a 64 bit app, and nobody either complains about it or notices, and dmd by default produces a 64 bit app, and as far as I can tell, nobody has noticed that either.

I noticed! But it hasn't been a problem. One of the things I've actually been using D for is writing simple tools for work, to be executed while in livedisc environments (diagnostics and the like), so I have to keep both 32b and 64b versions of everything, and the only missing component was 64b for Windows. So yeah, I'm pretty stoked about this.