On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 19:03:06 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 15:34:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
Actually, there is quite a large overlap if you look beyond the syntax. Dart is completely unexciting, but I also find it very productive when used with the IDE.

Glad to hear this - I haven't yet got very far with Dart, but it seems like a toss-up between Dart and Livescript for a passable language to run on the client (for my little use case).

I don't know the future of Dart, but if you have time to wait for it you might consider atscript/Angular 2.0.

Knuth is also right that people think in different ways, and it's an entirely natural thing to see a multiplicity of languages emerging that are adapted to these different ways (and of course the particular challenges people face are also different). That's why religious wars about these things have

I think most imperative languages are just variations over the same theme. I pick them based on what they+ecosystem is good at, not the language by itself. So basically, you have to be best at one particular application area to do well. Go is aiming to have a good runtime for building smaller web-services, and they are getting there. Because they focus.