On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 08:53:15 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 19:03:06 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 15:34:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
Actually, there is quite a large overlap if you look beyond the syntax. Dart is completely unexciting, but I also find it very productive when used with the IDE.

Glad to hear this - I haven't yet got very far with Dart, but it seems like a toss-up between Dart and Livescript for a passable language to run on the client (for my little use case).

I don't know the future of Dart, but if you have time to wait for it you might consider atscript/Angular 2.0.

Very dark as Angular team decided to look for Typescript instead[0].

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/typescript/archive/2015/03/05/angular-2-0-built-on-typescript.aspx

Now with Dart team giving up on their VM, Dart becomes just yet another language that transpiles to JavaScript.

http://news.dartlang.org/2015/03/dart-for-entire-web.html

So, it will just fade way in the sea of JavaScript wannabe replacements.

--
Paulo