On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 11:25:44 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Walter and I will travel to Brasov, Romania to hold an evening-long event on the D language. There's been strong interest in the event with over 300 registrants so far.

http://curiousminds.ro

Scott Meyers will guest star in a panel following the talks. We're all looking forward to it!

Not going to miss this opportunity!

But... all this sure is confusing (at least for a non-regular-conference-goer).

Registration is free, OK, so what's the catch? Maybe attendance isn't? Or are we expected to stay at Hotel Kronwell? :)

I filled in the "join for free" form, but all I got is confirmation that I subscribed to a mailing list... no confirmation of registration or anything...

And with over 300 registrants 3 days ago, there is no feedback on whether the conference is booked out or anything!