On 10/6/15 8:42 AM, Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 2:43 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com
<mailto:digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com>> wrote:

    The event is sponsored by Siemens and free for the audience. I'll
    relay your confusion to the organizers. -- Andrei

That is interesting, do you know how Siemens ended up being the sponsor?

Far as I can tell it's the other way around: we ended up being invited :o). Siemens is sponsoring the ongoing curiousminds.ro conferences, and they contacted us with the idea of holding the event. -- Andrei