On 10/5/15 4:10 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Friday, 2 October 2015 at 11:25:44 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Walter and I will travel to Brasov, Romania to hold an evening-long
event on the D language. There's been strong interest in the event
with over 300 registrants so far.

http://curiousminds.ro

Scott Meyers will guest star in a panel following the talks. We're all
looking forward to it!

Not going to miss this opportunity!

But... all this sure is confusing (at least for a
non-regular-conference-goer).

Registration is free, OK, so what's the catch? Maybe attendance isn't?
Or are we expected to stay at Hotel Kronwell? :)

I filled in the "join for free" form, but all I got is confirmation that
I subscribed to a mailing list... no confirmation of registration or
anything...

And with over 300 registrants 3 days ago, there is no feedback on
whether the conference is booked out or anything!

The event is sponsored by Siemens and free for the audience. I'll relay your confusion to the organizers. -- Andrei