On 06/05/2018 12:28 AM, Brian wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 at 06:55:42 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 at 06:45:48 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
Hello Fellow D'ers,

As some of you know I work for Microsoft. And as a result of the recent acquisition of GitHub by Microsoft, I have decided, out of an abundance of caution, to move all of my projects that currently reside on GitHub to GitLab.

[...]

This reads like a joke, why would it matter if you contributed to open source projects on an open platform that your employer runs?

Yes!
We support Github.

Note that I am not saying that this is bad move for Microsoft of GitHub. Elsewhere on these forums I have defended the move as the best possible outcome for GitHub.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender
import quiet.dlang.dev;
  • SecureD moving to Gi... Adam Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: SecureD mov... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: SecureD... Adam Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: SecureD... Brian via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Sec... Adam Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: SecureD... ExportThis via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Sec... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Sec... biocyberman via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
                • ... rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce