Well, e-mail was never meant to be reliable or secure... BTW, there are already solutions to prevent impersonation: sign the messages with either PGP or S/MIME... the former is more decentralised, and the later usually comes together with stronger verifications, like personal identification of the sender (I mean, whoever issues the certificate for S/MIME should ideally check your name, etc.) :-)

Although admittedly that'd work only for the NNTP / mailing list, I don't know how that could be adapted to the web "forum" interface...