On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at 11:35:15 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
On Monday, 14 January 2019 at 10:18:34 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:

This is exactly the argument to get a database driver (mysql,postgres...) and probably a webserver in std.

Absolutely not! Please...

IMHO, what needs to be in std are just APIs (modules, interfaces, declarations)... Leave the implementations elsewhere please. Standard library is already too large for my taste!

What should be in std are just core stuff that is needed everywhere.

Depends on what you consider core stuff. I don't think webserver should be a part of the standard library, but I think stuff like sockets, XML and JSON should. Serialization? Debatable. Database driver? Maybe not specific backends, but there could be a generic driver interface.
  • Re: My Meeting C++ Keynote... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: My Meeting C++ Keynote... Mike Franklin via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: My Meeting C++ Ke... Paul Backus via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: My Meeting C+... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: My Meetin... Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: My Me... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: My Me... Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... JN via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: My Meetin... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: My Me... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-announce