On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 23:49:42 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 21:40:08 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 09:24:23PM +0000, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote: [...]
GCC 10.2 is a bug-fix release from the GCC 10 branch containing important fixes for regressions and serious bugs found GCC 10.1.

Thanks for all of your efforts, Iain!!

[...]
Also fixed is a compile-time performance bug when using `static foreach'.
[...]
Compilation time has been reduced from around 40 to 0.08 seconds. Memory consumption is also reduced from 3.5GB to 55MB. (Thanks BorisCarvajal!)
[...]

Wow. That's a pretty major improvement! Is this improvement upstreamed?

It was backported from this PR https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/11303 (see PR 11335)

Just out of curiosity, which language version will the next GCC release have? Currently, my version of GDC gives __VERSION__ as 2.076, which is pretty old (whereas LDC gives 2.093, basically on par with DMD). Will the next GDC major release have a significantly-updated language version?

Likely the deciding factor will come down to how much free time I will get to do so. There's still a few outstanding issues in dmd-master and gcc middle-end that have hampered progress by a few weeks.

Thanks!