On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 23:49:42 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
Just out of curiosity, which language version will the next GCC release have? Currently, my version of GDC gives __VERSION__ as 2.076, which is pretty old (whereas LDC gives 2.093, basically on par with DMD). Will the next GDC major release have a significantly-updated language version?

Likely the deciding factor will come down to how much free time I will get to do so. There's still a few outstanding issues in dmd-master and gcc middle-end that have hampered progress by a few weeks.

Thank you for your work. I cross my fingers for you to have enough free time in the upcoming months!