On Wednesday, 23 December 2020 at 18:05:40 UTC, 9il wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 December 2020 at 17:22:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 December 2020 at 17:08:26 UTC, 9il wrote:
[...]

Yes, if something is perceived as bug it becomes a burden to remember that it is isn't. Not sure why anyone resist this improvement. Hm, he seems to be a compiler consultant now, but no longer interested in D?

Hi is disappeared from the Dlang after that.

Maybe the DIP should have pushed harder on what other languages support (might be viewed as a stronger political argument).

Have you read the DMD PR  thread (not the DIP itself)?

It was a mockery executed by Atila accompanied by silent Walter's and Andrei's ignoring.

I know Atila in person. However, it doesn't really matter if Atila really didn't understand the DIP reasons or it was a real mockery. The fact that this behavior including real or seeming mockery and real ignoring is a red flag for any professional cooperation.

Atila had been already declared as "new Andrei".

Which was noted right in the DIP to define Atila's privileges to make decisions.
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/9778#issuecomment-498700369

[...]

I don't use tensors much, how does it help zipping?

I sometimes wonder if linalg primitives should be builtin too. Seems like that could allow for better compiler optimization.

Franky speaking, I don't see any mockery, but I'm not a native English speaker, so I could have missed it.

Said that, if you really see value in the DIP, can I suggest to keep explaining your reason? I'm totally sure everybody here is engaged in discussion with the goal to understand. ...

my 2c